- I think you do an excellent job The head of reporting at a large electronics company
- Some surveys show that investors spend less than ten minutes reading annual reports. If you want to know on which ones you should spend ten minutes -or a bit longer- then keep a close watch on the Annual Report on Annual Report! A financial analyst in a European investment bank
- Your report competition makes a great contribution to the overall goal of more transparency and more efficient markets. I cannot stress how important the Annual Report on Annual Reports and the ReportWatch website are in improving reports. I am always excited to see how we compared to other annual reports. The head of investor relations of a large mining group
- We are taking part in various annual report awards and other investor relations competitions, but the one we take more seriously is the Annual Report on Annual Reports for its accuracy, balanced assessment, and a real international exposure. A Canadian investor relations officer
- Serious evaluation criteria, emphasis placed on strategy and financials, no national bias. A German financial journalist about the Annual Report on Annual Reports
- The Annual Report on Annual Reports, published by a Europe-based global tracking company, named BMO's 2001 annual report simply the best in the world. One of the stated reasons was that we are "one of those rare companies for which reporting is not just about complying and following the crowd or the way of the world. But also adding value, giving insights, reviewing and highlighting and describing and explaining." As steward of this indeed rare company, I pledge more of the same Tony Comper, Chairman of Bank of Montreal, Canada, after his company's report had made No. 1 in the global top 200 annual reports published by e.com
- The Annual Report on Annual Reports is a real international competition focused on the reports themselves, without those big self-glorifying national celebrations and glitzy awards A German company financial communication specialist
- Aptly named, a watchdog group that tracks report transparency and availability CFO Asia Magazine about e.com's annual rankings on reports
- Based on the report output as judged in the annual on annuals, with that emphasis placed on financial and investor information, I could sometimes be ready to change up to 20% of my investment portfolio A London-based investment portfolio adviser
- Read up your latest ranking of best reports, ordered some among the top 30, and bought some stock in a number of them A Canadian investor
- I believe it is safe to say that we've never received such a comprehensive review of our effort by a third party. Your thorough review of our financial reporting sections (rarely conducted in such detail by your American peers) and your comparisons to our previous report are especially welcome The IRO of a financial-services Midwestern American firm
- We have found that benchmarking exercise as useful -even though sometimes painful!- to our reporting practice as it is with other tools for improving our own products The investor relations officer of a leading European IT blue chip
- Thanks for your report and a very inspiring day. We all think you gave us a lot of good ideas and experiences. I'm sure also that your proposals for a report table of contents will be useful to us The report manager of a specialty chemicals company
- I am impressed with your thorough research study and appreciate you publishing such a valuable piece... I do applaud your Online Reporting Scan. We share the same desire [to produce better online reporting] A North American investor web-design firm
- In our never-ending quest for improvement, we would like to ask you to do another of your inimitable report screenings The report manager of a top Dutch group
- Since discovering the excellent ‘Annual Report on Annual Reports' we have benefited enormously from the evaluation services we commissioned. In addition, the comprehensive yearly survey that contains a wealth of useful information continues to assist us in our quest to improve our reporting. Although we have improved our position, we are conscious of many areas where we should focus our energies... The corporate publications manager at a major oil company
- [A report is about] a continuous flow of information, a strategic direction, a route, but also screening texts, tables and numbers. It is still supposed to be the business card towards various audiences. You can now easily find out design specialists. Those are often good professionals, but we have learned from our experience that most of them care mainly about layout and pagemaking and not much about contents. While this should prevail. Of course we prefer to publish a well laid-out report but our primary concern is to aim at 100% accuracy. That is why we have worked with a specialized reporting company managed by a financial analyst The corporate communication manager of a large European bank, on e.com's role from report evaluation through input and final content
- Worthwhile: those best picks on 15 different report attributes. These yardsticks are plucked in every sector and country, with a number of surprises! An investor relations officer
- I have received your Report Scan. Your detailed analysis on our report has been most insightful and I am sure it will be of great use in preparing next year's report A Japanese blue chip in cosmetics
- The in-depth comparison with competitors or against peers -as defined by us and by investors- provided by e.com report analysts clearly helps up improve our financial and operations reporting, but also increase our disclosure. And both are valued by our stakeholders A vice president of a Fortune 500 corporation
- Very happy with your input so far, especially the best practice selected report items. We shall certainly use some of them when the IPO days come The corporate communication manager of a spin-off from a large chemical group
Best annual reportsAnnual Report on Annual Reports 2018
Report pickDecember 2017: Phoenix Mecano
Financial sector annual reportsEvaluation - Competition
Annual reports from the financial sector are no longer selected for the Annual Report on Annual Reports competition for consistency, comparability and credibility reasons. That does not imply that there are not (sometimes very) good and improved reports in the sector. On a customized basis, e.com keeps on evaluating and benchmarking financial sector reports.
How does your annual report score on all evaluation criteria used for the Annual Report on Annual Reports?
Order a REPORT SCAN. An edited output of desk research done by e.com report analysts, it provides your company (or advisers) with a summary of pluses and minuses for 25 report items and reporting areas.
For more information, click here.
E-mail your order to: email@example.com
Report, Google and watchHas a/your report appeared on ReportWatch?
Has a/your (company) report/name been mentioned, watched, rated, ranked, benchmarked, cited on ReportWatch?
Or has ReportWatch been cited with reference to a/your company/report/name?
Type the (company) name followed by ReportWatch (in one word) and see if you get results.
A KINGPIN WITH A FEW HATS
e.com's co-founder and ReportWatch kingpin Mike Guillaume wears a few hats, including financial reporting specialist and international economist, and has therefore good vantage points for monitoring companies, reports and management; as well as for watching economies and economics work (or not). Learn more about Mike's experience and expertise here. Read about Mike's work and views, including his recent book "The Seven Deadly Sins of Capitalism", on www.mikeconomics.net.